Friday, August 31, 2007

The Folly of Invasions

The other day I helped out on an Alchemist's Folly rescue.

It was the first time I've been there. Honestly, I really expected the place to be much... larger. And more folly-ful. There were a couple of undine in the tunnel, but as long as you had a little room to dodge rocks, it was pretty simple. I can see how it might be a death trap for newer exiles though - thankfully, the entrance needs some pathfinding skill and so is not always terribly accessable.



Not too much later, I heard a cry out on the sunstone - there were higher than usual numbers of trool in the south forest. Soon it was learned that an invasion force had arrived, and was marching towards Puddleby!

I first went to scout the area, and managed to pick up a fallen MaryJane and bring her back to town. I immediately went off again to help fight off the invaders.



... unfortunately, their numbers were great, and I got surrounded pretty fast. Morphing kept me alive for a very long time, allowing me to whittle down their numbers and give others time to get to me.

But town rallied, and soon there were quite a few exiles smashing the forces of the trool'kin. One by one the south forest snells were cleared, and we moved on to the Brambles... which was packed.



Thankfully we not only had a dozen rangers along, but we also had the lava-cloaking powers of Razz. While each flame didn't hurt them terribly much, they kept lighting each other on fire so much that it was fairly easy to take them down.

Snell by snell, the brambles were cleared as well. That's one invasion force which may think twice next time!

No comments: